Sunday, January 08, 2017

Looking forward to more grandbabies...


Hi there. Yup, I'm still alive. You might have thought otherwise, but I've actually been very busy these last few months with "life" and a new part time job. I was offered a job in retail in October for the holiday season, but got news last week that they wanted to keep me on. The job is mostly part time, so I still get to enjoy the hobbies that I have in the past. With the holidays behind us last week my hours reduced considerably and I was able to start and finish a bunch of baby projects. We have two granddaughters due very soon -- one will arrive in February and one in March. I can't wait to meet these little angels. I'm almost finished with the quilt below. Generally speaking, I'm no quilter. It takes patience and perseverance to be a quilter -- two qualities that I have in short supply -- but I wanted to make a quilt for one of the little ones so I chose this "easy" disappearing nine-patch quilt as the pattern. I love these fabrics. They're from Hobby Lobby. There are 10 or more complimentary fabrics from this line. I've got to finish the binding and I'll call it good...


I also made a few receiving blankets. I usually do two sides of flannel for these blankets, but I did one side regular cotton fabric and the other flannel on these. Here's the tutorial for these extra large receiving blankets...



Here's the Maggie the Taggie Owl that I made from the pattern I sell in my Etsy shop. My daughter-in-law used this pattern to make her infant a taggie blanket and put a crinkle paper between the fabrics so it not only had tactile stimulation, but a crinkly audio stimulation as well. She used a couple of the plastic/paper bags that houses the cereal in boxed cereal. Those make the perfect crinkle "paper" for these taggies! Just save one or two, unfold them and sew them between the fabrics!



I love the ribbons they currently have at Hobby Lobby that are complimentary to their fabric lines. Sooo cute!


Later this week I'll show you a few more things I've made. I love sewing for these little ones. It's my way of welcoming them into our family and letting them {and their parents} know they are loved.